(1) Every person has the right to freedom of expression, which includes–
- (a) freedom to seek, receive or impart information or ideas;
- (b) freedom of artistic creativity; and
- (c) academic freedom and freedom of scientific research.
(2) The right to freedom of expression does not extend to–
- (a) propaganda for war;
- (b) incitement to violence;
- (c) hate speech; or
- (d) advocacy of hatred that—
- (i) constitutes ethnic incitement, vilification of others or incitement to cause harm; or
- (ii) is based on any ground of discrimination specified or contemplated in Article 27 (4).
(3) In the exercise of the right to freedom of expression, every person shall respect the rights and reputation of others.