Article 232. Values and Principles of Public Service
(1) The values and principles of public service include–
- (a) high standards of professional ethics;
- (b) efficient, effective and economic use of resources; responsive, prompt, effective, impartial and equitable
- (c) provision of services;
- (d) involvement of the people in the process of policy making;
- (e) accountability for administrative acts;
- (f) transparency and provision to the public of timely, accurate information;
- (g) subject to paragraphs (h) and (i), fair competition and merit as the basis of appointments and promotions;
- (h) representation of Kenya’s diverse communities; and (i) affording adequate and equal opportunities for appointment, training and advancement, at all levels of the public service, of–
- (i) men and women;
- (ii) the members of all ethnic groups; and
- (iii) persons with disabilities.
(2) The values and principles of public service apply to public service in–
- (a) all State organs in both levels of government; and
- (b) all State corporations.
(3) Parliament shall enact legislation to give full effect to this Article.