(1) The Deputy President may be removed from office–
- (a) on the ground of physical or mental incapacity to perform the functions of the office; or
- (b) on impeachment–
- (i) on the ground of a gross violation of a provision of this Constitution or any other law;
- (ii) where there are serious reasons to believe that the Deputy President has committed a crime under national or international law; or
- (iii) for gross misconduct.
(2) The provisions of Articles 144 and 145 relating to the removal of the President shall apply, with the necessary modifications,to the removal of the Deputy President.