(1) The objects of the commissions and the independent offices are to–
- (a) protect the sovereignty of the people;
- (b) secure the observance by all State organs of democratic values and principles; and
- (c) promote constitutionalism.
(2) The commissions and the holders of independent offices-
- (a) are subject only to this Constitution and the law; and
- (b) are independent and not subject to direction or control by any person or authority.
(3) Parliament shall allocate adequate funds to enable each commission and independent office to perform its functions and the budget of each commission and independent office shall be a separate vote.