(1) There is established the National Police Service Commission.
(2) The Commission consists of–
- (a) the following persons, each appointed by the President–
- (i) a person who is qualified to be appointed as a High Court Judge;
- (ii) two retired senior police officers; and
- (iii) three persons of integrity who have served the public with distinction;
- (b) the Inspector-General of the National Police Service; and
- (c) both Deputy Inspectors-General of the National Police Service.
(3) The Commission shall–
- (a) recruit and appoint persons to hold or act in offices in the service, confirm appointments, and determine promotions and transfers within the National Police Service;
- (b) observing due process, exercise disciplinary control over and remove persons holding or acting in offices within the Service; and
- (c) perform any other functions prescribed by national legislation.
(4) The composition of the National Police Service shall reflect the regional and ethnic diversity of the people of Kenya.