(1) There is established the office of Secretary to the Cabinet, which is an office in the public service.
(2) The Secretary to the Cabinet shall–
- (a) be nominated and, with the approval of the National Assembly, appointed by the President; and
- (b) may be dismissed by the President.
(3) The Secretary to the Cabinet shall–
- (a) have charge of the Cabinet office;
- (b) be responsible, subject to the directions of the Cabinet, for arranging the business, and keeping the minutes, of the Cabinet;
- (c) convey the decisions of the Cabinet to the appropriate persons or authorities; and
- (d) have other functions as directed by the Cabinet.
(4) The Secretary to the Cabinet may resign from office by giving notice, in writing, to the President.