Who is in charge of elections in a polling station in Kenya? The major role of a Polling Clerk in Kenya is to ensure the good conduct of elections as in the polling station as assigned by the Presiding Officers.
Role of a Polling Clerk in Kenya
The role of a Polling Clerk in Kenya is as follows;
- sets up and demarcates the polling station;
- verifies the voter’s name, ID and voter’s card number in the register;
- identifies a voter electronically;
- issues ballot papers to voters;
- marks voters to show that they have voted;
- ensure the security of election materials under their custody;
- manages queues and directs voters to respective polling stations.
Qualifications for a Polling Clerk
The qualifications for a Polling Clerk in Kenya include the following:
- an aggregate score of C- and above in KSCE;
- must be of good character and non-partisan;
- must be available the entire period of the elections;
- must be a resident of the Ward where the polling centre applied for is located.
Read also about the types of elections in Kenya.
If you want to get notified when I publish a new post, join our Newsletter