27. The Interim Independent Boundaries Commission
(1) The Boundaries Commission established under the former Constitution shall continue to function as constituted under that Constitution and in terms of sections 41B and 41C but–
- (a) it shall not determine the boundaries of the counties established under this Constitution;
- (b) it shall determine the boundaries of constituencies and wards using the criteria mentioned in this Constitution; and
- (c) members of the Commission shall be subject to Chapter Seven of this Constitution.
(3) The requirement in Article 89(2) that a review of constituency and ward boundaries shall be completed at least twelve months before a general election does not apply to the review of boundaries preceding the first elections under this Constitution.
(4) The Boundaries Commission shall ensure that the first review of constituencies undertaken in terms of this Constitution shall not result in the loss of a constituency existing on the effective date.