Article 139. Death Before Assuming Office
(1) If a President-elect dies after being declared elected as President, but before assuming office–
- (a) the Deputy President-elect shall be sworn in as acting President on the date on which the President-elect would otherwise have been sworn-in; and
- (b) a fresh election to the office of President shall be held within sixty days after the death of the President-elect.
(2) If the Deputy President-elect dies before assuming office, the office of the Deputy President shall be declared vacant on the assumption of office by the person declared elected as the President.
(3) If both the persons declared elected as the President and the Deputy President die before assuming office–
- (a) the Speaker of the National Assembly shall act as President from the date on which the President-elect would otherwise have been sworn-in; and
- (b) a fresh presidential election shall be conducted within sixty days after the second death.