(1) Either House of Parliament, and any of its committees, has power to summon any person to appear before it for the purpose of giving evidence or providing information.
(2) For the purposes of clause (1), a House of Parliament and any of its committees has the same powers as the High Court -
- (a) to enforce the attendance of witnesses and examine them on oath, affirmation or otherwise;
- (b) to compel the production of documents; and
- (c) to issue a commission or request to examine witnesses abroad.