Article 98. Membership of the Senate
(1) The Senate consists of–
- (a) forty-seven members each elected by the registered voters of the counties, each county constituting a single member constituency;
- (b) sixteen women members who shall be nominated by political parties according to their proportion of members of the Senate elected under clause (a) in accordance with Article 90;
- (c) two members, being one man and one woman, representing the youth;
- (d) two members, being one man and one woman, representing persons with disabilities; and
- (e) the Speaker, who shall be an ex officio member.
(2) The members referred to in clause (1) (c) and (d) shall be elected in accordance with Article 90.
(3) Nothing in this Article shall be construed as excluding any person from contesting an election under clause (1) (a).