Article 70. Enforcement of Environmental Rights
(1) If a person alleges that a right to a clean and healthy environment recognised and protected under Article 42 has been, is being or is likely to be, denied, violated, infringed or threatened, the person may apply to a court for redress in addition to any other legal remedies that are available in respect to the same matter.
(2) On application under clause (1), the court may make any order, or give any directions, it considers appropriate–
- (a) to prevent, stop or discontinue any act or omission that is harmful to the environment;
- (b) to compel any public officer to take measures to prevent or discontinue any act or omission that is harmful to the environment; or
- (c) to provide compensation for any victim of a violation of the right to a clean and healthy environment.
(3) For the purposes of this Article, an applicant does not have to demonstrate that any person has incurred loss or suffered injury.