(1) Land in Kenya shall be held, used and managed in a manner that is equitable, efficient, productive and sustainable, and in accordance with the following principles–
- (a) equitable access to land;
- (b) security of land rights;
- (c) sustainable and productive management of land resources;
- (d) transparent and cost effective administration of land;
- (e) sound conservation and protection of ecologically sensitive areas;
- (f) elimination of gender discrimination in law, customs and practices related to land and property in land; and
- (g) encouragement of communities to settle land disputes through recognised local community initiatives consistent with this Constitution.
(2) These principles shall be implemented through a national land policy developed and reviewed regularly by the national government and through legislation.