Article 54. Persons With Disabilities
(1) A person with any disability is entitled–
- (a) to be treated with dignity and respect and to be addressed and referred to in a manner that is not demeaning;
- (b) to access educational institutions and facilities for persons with disabilities that are integrated into society to the extent compatible with the interests of the person;
- (c) to reasonable access to all places, public transport and information;
- (d) to use Sign language, Braille or other appropriate means of communication; and
- (e) to access materials and devices to overcome constraints arising from the person’s disability.
(2) The State shall ensure the progressive implementation of the principle that at least five percent of the members of the public in elective and appointive bodies are persons with disabilities.