Every person has the right to freedom and security of the person, which includes the right not to be–
- (a) deprived of freedom arbitrarily or without just cause;
- (b) detained without trial, except during a state of emergency, in which case the detention is subject to Article 58;
- (c) subjected to any form of violence from either public or private sources;
- (d) subjected to torture in any manner, whether physical or psychological;
- (e) subjected to corporal punishment; or
- (f) treated or punished in a cruel, inhuman or degrading manner.