(1) The national symbols of the Republic are –
- (a) the national flag;
- (b) the national anthem;
- (c) the coat of arms; and
- (d) the public seal.
(2) The national symbols are as set out in the Second Schedule.
(3) The national days are –
- (a) Madaraka Day, to be observed on 1st June;
- (b) Mashujaa Day, to be observed on 20th October; and
- (c) Jamhuri Day, to be observed on 12th December.
(4) A national day shall be a public holiday.
(5) Parliament may enact legislation prescribing other public holidays, and providing for observance of public holidays.