Article 10. National Values and Principles of Governance
(1) The national values and principles of governance in this Article bind all State organs, State officers, public officers and all persons whenever any of them–
- (a) applies or interprets this Constitution;
- (b) enacts, applies or interprets any law; or
- (c) makes or implements public policy decisions.
(2) The national values and principles of governance include–
- (a) patriotism, national unity, sharing and devolution of power, the rule of law, democracy and participation of the people;
- (b) human dignity, equity, social justice, inclusiveness, equality, human rights, non-discrimination and protection of the marginalised;
- (c) good governance, integrity, transparency and accountability; and
- (d) sustainable development.