(1) The national values and principles of governance in this Article bind all State organs, State officers, public officers and all persons whenever any of them–
- (a) applies or interprets this Constitution;
- (b) enacts, applies or interprets any law; or
- (c) makes or implements public policy decisions.
(2) The national values and principles of governance include–
- (a) patriotism, national unity, sharing and devolution of power, the rule of law, democracy and participation of the people;
- (b) human dignity, equity, social justice, inclusiveness, equality, human rights, non-discrimination and protection of the marginalised;
- (c) good governance, integrity, transparency and accountability; and
- (d) sustainable development.