Article 244. Objects and Functions of the National Police Service
The National Police Service shall–
- (a) strive for the highest standards of professionalism and discipline among its members;
- (b) prevent corruption and promote and practice transparency and accountability;
- (c) comply with constitutional standards of human rights and fundamental freedoms;
- (d) train staff to the highest possible standards of competence and integrity and to respect human rights and fundamental freedoms and dignity; and
- (e) foster and promote relationships with the broader society.