Article 237. Teachers Service Commission
(1) There is established the Teachers Service Commission.
(2) The functions of the Commission are–
- (a) to register trained teachers;
- (b) to recruit and employ registered teachers;
- (c) to assign teachers employed by the Commission for service in any public school or institution;
- (d) to promote and transfer teachers;
- (e) to exercise disciplinary control over teachers; and
- (f) to terminate the employment of teachers.
(3) The Commission shall–
- (a) review the standards of education and training of persons entering the teaching service;
- (b) review the demand for and the supply of teachers; and
- (c) advise the national government on matters relating to the teaching profession.