Article 222. Expenditure Before Annual Budget Is Passed
(1) If the Appropriation Act for a financial year has not been assented to, or is not likely to be assented to, by the beginning of that financial year, the National Assembly may authorise the withdrawal of money from the Consolidated Fund.
(2) Money withdrawn under clause (1) shall–
- (a) be for the purpose of meeting expenditure necessary to carry on the services of the national government during that year until such time as the Appropriation Act is assented to;
- (b) not exceed in total one-half of the amount included in the estimates of expenditure for that year that have been tabled in the National Assembly; and
- (c) be included, under separate votes for the several services in respect of which they were withdrawn, in the Appropriation Act.